Monday, November 19, 2012

Smoking Debate

I believe that smoking should be prohibited simply because of the medical evidence supporting it's unhealthy effects. Not only does smoking ciggarettes greatly increase the chances of having cancer later in life, it leaves the smoker with myriad smaller and varied problems such as Emphysema, a weakened immune system, poor lung function, etc. There's enough solid medical evidence to back all of those accusations up. I believe that everyone believes that everyone has a right to choose what they can and can't do. However, I believe that everyone has a right to choose what they can and can't do, as long as they don't affect or hurt anyone else in the process. Basically, I'm saying that secondhand smoke kills innocent people. And when your personal actions hurt or kill another innocent person, I believe that that is reason enough for prohibiting ciggarettes and smoking in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment