Thursday, September 6, 2012

DRAFT


And the countdown starts now. I suppose it would be appropriate to use the cliché "T minus ten minutes." However, I try to stay away from the common and unoriginal so that small saying will probably be my only cliché. 
This exercise it supposed to generate ideas for my final draft over my political cartoon. I hope I am doing this correctly; just write aimlessly, right? Well, I really enjoy politics and although I found my cartoon in about twenty seconds, I am happy with my choice. I will simply write on three main focus points and how they correlate with not only our country, but the world today. There is so much going on and it makes me think about the upcoming election.
I do not hate Obama, but is he the right guy for the job and to get our country out of a slippery slope of debt? I personally do not think so. In the four years since the crash, spending has only increased, we have borrowed too much, and our debt has only increased. I do think the bail out was the correct move in the time, but after  it went through, stop spending! The whole reason we borrowed money from China --a lot of money-- was because we as a country did not have the money, trust, guts, or whatever else is needed to spend and stabilize our economy. The bail out helped that. But what about when we quickly went through the over 800 billion? Our country kept the spending and went backwards. 
It may seem like I just digressed right there, but I promise I did not. It is just simply generating ideas. 
            The ten minutes is almost up, I am slightly disappointed in the writing I did, but I am confident about the paper I am about the start writing this weekend. I really enjoy writing even though I may not be the best.
            I made it just over a page so I suppose it was not the worst attempt at a “free write.”

No comments:

Post a Comment