Monday, September 3, 2012


Walking to class, I never fully process what I am seeing and what I am thinking. It just comes naturally. The one thing that I notice most on my way to class is the people. People are so interesting to watch, but not in a creepy way. You can really tell about a person from the way they present themselves to the human eye. The first thing you notice is the clothes which they are wearing. Whether the clothes are sporty, or frilly, they tell something about one’s personality. So, I see all of these girls all dolled up in their skirts and leggings and cardigans, and then I look at myself. I am sporting a sweatshirt along with matching…sweat pants; it’s stylish, I know. Then I wonder to myself why we girls worry about how we dress. I realize that there are persuasions to such dressing methods. Models, magazines, celebrities: all of them affect us visually and subconsciously force us to want to be like them. They might not even need words to persuade us; they just need us to look good. Guys do the same thing, but they don’t always do it to look stylish and attractive. They are influenced by ads in order to be more masculine and superior to other guys. Rhetoric styles do not always have to be words thrown onto a piece of paper, but they can sell the message with merely a picture of some sort, possibly sewn together with a short blurb or title. Whether we like it or not, rhetoric is with us…everywhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment