Thursday, September 6, 2012

Zero Draft



The cartoon I chose is called “Big Gulp. Bloomberg. Give me your tired, your poor … Yearning to be free (crossed out) THIN.” The first thing I noticed was that the Statue of Liberty was obese and there was a Big Gulp in his/her (?) hand. Also, the Statue of Liberty looked like a boy instead of a girl…. She also takes up the whole of Liberty Island. I think this image has captured the essence of America quite well. America’s stereotype is that everyone is fat. I’m pretty sure it didn’t used to be. I think it used to be something about how we were arrogant and stuck up or something about freedom but it has definitely changed. There is also a man with a paintbrush and paint can hanging from a helicopter that says “BLOOMBERG” on the side of it. I actually have no clue as to why he’s there.
http://www.cartoonistgroup.com/store/add.php?iid=81970

No comments:

Post a Comment