Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Research Proposal


Research proposal
        How are you going to write your paper
        “In this paper, I will….”
        Discuss how you will write research paper
        Formal presentation of your research
          Outline of entire research

Purpose of research proposal
        Means of organizing your thoughts to move to next step

Elements of research proposal
        Introductions
        A review of literature
        Bibliography – Annotated bibliography
        Research methods and sources
        Timeline
        Significance
(Optional)
        Key challenges
        Biography

1.    Title page
Working title, name, contact information, date
2.  Introduction
Background: Overview of the topic
Interests, identify your audiences
Research question
Position of issues
3.  Review of literature
Overview of key information of your sources
Focus on general approaches of your sources
List them: explain why you found them useful
4.  Research method and sources
·       Method: what am I going to research the topic?
·       Sources: What specific text am I going to analyze?
Types of sources
        Online sources
        Print sources
        Field sources
5.  Timeline
Detailed list of key project activities
6.  Significance
What do I hope to accomplish in my research?
What are broader issues or implications of my research?
Why do this matter to me and to my readers?

No comments:

Post a Comment